I always like the icon attaching itself to an obvious word association - and Really Simple Sindication has the newspaper image and the semi satellite that makes it east to remember. I mostly envision RSS Feed as a time saving tool that allows me to get updates from the blogs that I am following without going to each blog separately or even on a regular basis. Although I am only following a few blogs at the moment, as this expands it will create a great opportunity to maintain links with colleagues (professional sharing of ideas and research for example) and keeping abreast of new information and comments on blogs associated with my teaching subjects as well as education generally.
From a classroom perspective, I can see a great application in getting students to follow the developments in a particular topic - such as new postings relevant to an archaeological site.
The google reader seems very user friendly - and I was pleased to see how easy it was to "unsubscribe" when the updates from the Sydney Morning Herald started to overwhelm the window.
No comments:
Post a Comment