Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Module 7

Delicious seems like one of the most useful sites studied so far. As I move across several computers (home, PC and the Mac) it is remarkably easy now to link all the sites I have found relevant and tag them in such a way that I can locate individual topic areas or whole course/subjects. Already, this exercise has led me to three great sites for Ancient History - including one that analyses the prima porta statue of Augustus (images and written comments on symbolism). The interactive site on Pompeii appears to be one that is very student friendly and I can envision sharing a range of site explorations with my students. This is also a great way to encourage students to work together and share valuable sites that are found when researching for assessment tasks and homework assignments. I am very pleased that I have become aware of this tool before moving to the post trial HSC exam intensive study period. During this time students tend to somewhat isolate their study/research/revision. With Delicious I can more actively encourage the sharing of sites, resources, insights and points of focus and analysis - a real learning community that has the potential to benefit the results of the whole class.
This is my Delicious link: www.delicious.com/markgwyer

No comments:

Post a Comment